Sunday, April 13, 2008

Happiness Runs..

...and I am not sure where to start. I had a good day and an ordinary day...but a lovely day.

I had to work today from 3 - 6:30. Midday to close on a SUNDAY!!! (In my opinion, no one should be working on Sundays...it just seems wrong.)...but I worked with the people I would've picked to spend that time with...and it was fun. Maybe more should have been done, but I am opening so I I'll be mad at myself tomorrow.

I came home to dinner being going made. Jamaican Jerk Chicken...all kinds of lovely smells...cooked by John (my husband's twin brother born of a differant mother) and my husband. Just wonderful. We set the table and the Vince Guaraldi Trio was playing in the background...(the "Good Grief, Charlie Brown" CD ... it has the Charlie Brown theme.. which does make you want to do the Snoopy dance.)

I love being around Bob and his best "peeps"...I know that is such a stupid word, but I love it anyway. It is comforting to watch them interact...they are all such strong personalities and such different men....but so complimentary to each each other without any extra thought or effort. They just are with each other. I am priveleged to have them in my life. Tney make me feel safe.

I always ask this question of others...What was the best thing that happened to you today? There ALWAYS is a best thing...you may have to look, but there ALWAYS is.

My best thing is coming back home after making a beer run and smell of cinnamon and all the Jamican jerk aromatics wafting up oour stairway along with the voices of people I love.

"is this Heaven?"
"No..it's my house.
(Stealing from "Field of Dreams"]

Find the best in each day and dance at least one time this week in your underwear to really loud music...even if you think somebody is WATCHING. They probably aren't paying attention.

....DAMN THEM!!!

No comments: