Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Tribute to Ohio State Football Championships...

How long have you and Bob been married? It is a question I have been asked (often)and I would think hard and the answer would be be "UMMMM....I don't know"...cause I didn't. I know the day that we got married (November 16) but not so much the year.

So here is the tribute to Ohio State Football.

We were married in the home of our friends, Tom and Kris. They have a beautiful, gracious Victorian with a foyer at the bottom of a grand staircase (where we held the ceremony) and the guests started arriving. The OSU-Illinois game was on TV and they were watching. I was waiting upstairs and could here the cheering...all the ooohs and ahhhs and nooos and yeahs. There is a knock at the door of the room I am in and my stand up Connie comes up to say the game went into overtime...okay a little postponing...it was maybe 6:15. I don't know football...how long can this last? (It was my wedding day....I forgot TV football time). Connie back upstairs to tell me the game went into a second overtime...I could hear the much louder OOOH!..YEAH!.. much clapping and cheering and everyone is having a great time and I am looking at the clock and it is now 6:45 and I am getting a little nervous because I am a little superstitious and was concerned about being married on the upswing of the clock. (In case you didn't know, it supposed to be bad luck to get married on the downswing.

The Ohio State Buckeyes did their job...and our ceremony started at about 6:50. It was a lovely ceremony and I can just picture it in my mind's eye...so much warmth and happiness and people we love around us.

Bob and Bruce were talking and we finally figured out that we got married in 2001 because that game was part of the undefeated season and the Buckeyes won the Big One in 2002. We've been married longer than we thought or would have guessed. I think that's a good thing.

Here is my tribute to Jim Tresell...thank you for the upswing. Apparently you are a great motivator...at least in my mind.

No comments: