Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I am behind...

the times. Just when I was getting into the blogging thing everyone goes to Facebook. I have found two people on Facebook who I have missed for eons and had relegated to that part of our life we remember yet forget...but here they are. That is the cool thing about this whole computer thing which I have no clue of understanding...really never want to understand...it's just some scary magic that happens.

Good Morning America did a segment some weeks back about the Internet and what we have available to us now versus ten years ago. It has been spectacular leaps and bounds. I remember Bob getting his computer and us hooking it up. I remember going into Chat Rooms and I wrote poetry with someone. I was so computer illiterate and I was gobsmacked. It felt creative, it felt fresh...and now chat rooms seem to be something to avoid. I still remember "talking" with people who were up late at night and just wanted to share their thoughts about their day or their opinions about a subject. I think the day I had the poetry moment Moon Zappa was in the same chat. It all felt positive and creative...and now going into a Chat Room seems like going into some dark space. No more poetry...it's just pretty much out front "dude41"...what ARE YOU WEARING????"

I think everyone should do the crossword puzzle. We have all lost our knack of language. i have always loved words. I love the sound of them...the musicality..the dissonance...I love words. One of my favorites is anathema. It is one of those words that sounds like what it means....I understood the sound of it but it toook me4 years to look it up and means just what it sounds.

I miss that this isn't something anyone reads anymore, but if anyone does...I appreciate it.

It's my Carrie Bradshaw page...just like Bob always said,

No comments: