Thursday, April 2, 2015

My Dad...

...is not doing well.
 He had a fall in October getting in the car to come for a visit to Columbus.
Things have been downhill from there.
Has been in....want to say assisted living...but he's in a nursing home.
He got moved to a hospital today because of a severe infection in his feet. The words gangrene and amputation have been mentioned.
I was off on Tuesday...out and about. It was a ripe spring day. Energy you could smell in the air...feel in the wind. Somehow a pulse...just that almost there but not quite.
I understood why my Dad and his cronies went out on the links as soon as the course was ready in spring. It was about that rush...the everything feeling new...everything possible. Everything the same but somehow different.
I cried because my Dad is never again going to walk a golf course...or maybe even feel that open air.




No comments: