Monday, July 4, 2016

I hung up...

...on my mother in law.
 I don't like that I did it...and in a tiny way... glad I did.
Evelyn has dementia. She is in an apartment...which is spotless...but she's starting downhill.
Evelyn wants to go back to Pittsburgh...where she grew up. Her home. I understand that.
Explain to her why that can't happen.
The conversation was back and forth...sorta nice until she started flinging inheritence and goddammits at me.
Told her I don't want to talk about money. We don't want it...
More signing papers...take my money...do whatever you want...godammitgodammit.
Said Evelyn if you keep swearing at me I will hang up. She did...so I did.
She called two hours later. One ring.
I'm planning on making her breakfast tomorrow.
I have a key.
We'll see if she talks to me.




No comments: