Friday, March 14, 2008

Bare Trees...

Outside my window on this cold, damp early Saturday I see what looks just like the album cover of Fleetwood Mac's 70's album "Bare Trees". It made me wish I was a photographer.

I closed tonight at work and when I was driving home there was this ethereal, rolling fog on the street. At the intersection of our street I couldn't really see forward...I know this will sound macabre but it made me think of London and Jack the Ripper and how easily someone could have crept out the fog and shadows to do harm. I think that is a movie equation...fog...London...fog being spooky...blahblahblah.

...but it is beautiful. The naked trees are just packed in cotton mist and the street lights all glow gold. Somehow the fog seems so right for the season...ominous and hopeful all at once. It's the kind of night that makes you edgy and sleepless.
It's an itchy time of year...like all new hopes and dreams are bristling under the skin...Spring is right on the cusp.I think we're all ready ready for a new season

No comments: