Friday, March 26, 2010

My son...

...got crapped on in a relationship. The emotional part happened about three months ago. This was a three year relationship and they had been living together for a year and a half. My child called me at work and was sobbing...gut wrenching sobs. He had been blindsided by the breakup...specifically the words from her "I just need my space". He loved this woman with all of his being.

I met her. I liked her. We never spent much time together but anecdotes he had passed along made me think she got him....they got each other. This was good match.

He called me yesterday with a string of very, very bad day stuff. He got a call from the car people (the car is her name but he cosigned on) that two car payments were missed. Pay now or we repo the car (which is in another city). He called her...she was expecting a tax return (never rely on government timing) and had to pay rent instead. God love my child...he understood. He paid the car payment but then he also had a call from the gas company because that bill was late. He called to try and make arrangements but it was in her name so he didn't have any power to do negotiate. His gas got cut off. He was scrambling to pull things out....and it was a time that we couldn't offer much help financially. That makes me sad.

He wasn't asking for help. I just wanted to give it. He wished he had been prepared. Finances were part of their issues..as I understand, she hadn't really worked for awhile....he was trying to pick up the slack.

I just want my manchild to be happy.

No comments: