Thursday, August 5, 2010

Monday is Coming...

...and I can't go on Sunday...this would be to auditions for "Streetcar Named Desire". I have so been fluctuating about going to this audition that I gasped when I saw it was on this theater's season SIX MONTHS ago! I am going Monday.

Bob has started to read the play and I think he would be a brilliant Mitch. He was to the end of the first act and said to me "You know...you have a lot of Blanche in you" and I said "Yes, I do". I don't think we were talking about the same things...but it's true.

I know my physical limitations...meaning I know I'm not pretty...and I think people see Blanche as pretty. I wish I were thinner go into auditions...I guess I wish I were a number of things going into auditions...pretty, graceful, tall,, willowy...well...that ain't gong to happen by Monday.

The cool thing is...I see her differantly than I did when I auditioned for the part many years ago...I wasn't ready then.

I just want to give it my best shot.

2 comments:

KL said...

As long as you give it your best shot --- you will be fabulous. You ARE fabulous. Go for it, my dear. And I want a full report. I am still waffling about Dixie Swim, and the audition is in hours! I want to do something with YOU, at some point, my dear.

cynderloowho said...

I want to do a show with you where we actually get to talk to EACH OTHER! Miss you and love you.