Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Things I Want to do this Summer....the Update

It seems that July is whipping through the winds even faster than June did. In an earlier post, I listed some things that I wanted to do to make summer seem like summer. The Update....

1. I can't find my roller skates. I know that they are here SOMEWHERE. I rode my bike instead and almost ran into the side of the garage while riding out of the garage. I also clipped the bushes in the driveway. I think my skates are hiding from me for my own protection.

2. I haven't read Tolstoy in my bathing suit but instead chose Edith Wharton (three books thus far). I decided I would have to go and buy the Cliff Notes if I read Tolstoy...oh hell...I'll just read the Cliff Notes and forget the books.

3. We have had three impromptu get together cookouts. Our friend John grilled the most incredible steak a couple of weeks ago...I can still remember how good it tasted and I am definitely not a foodie. Laughed so hard at these little fetes my face hurt.

4. I have gone swimming twice and even have a nice little X tan line on my back. Gotta love the Speedo tank suit.

5. Haven't laid in the grass and looked at stars but have sat on the porch and dreamed. Still feels like being in the Adirondaks sitting out there and I am still passionately in love with this apartment. Bob takes his time falling in love but he's coming along.

Hope everyone is having fun and doing exactly want they hoped to do this summer.

2 comments:

KL said...

I remember a long time ago (maybe 13 years or so) I came to a slumber party at your house (yours and Ed's place) for your birthday. It was a very hot summer night -- even at midnight it was hot! We sat in the back yard and played that game where you ask each other absurd questions, like, "Would you rather eat a worm or have a root canal?" Fun!

I miss you but LOVE your posts...wonderful! Keep writing! I'm trying to get back to it myself.

Gumby said...

I got my bike out a couple of weeks ago. I've been on it 3 times now. and I wonder why I can't get in shape...