Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I haven't felt the same...

...about my job since "the incident"...as I have chosen to refer to it. (Read previous post if that comment doesn't make sense). As an addendum to the story, she returned everything she bought that day.

I don't feel like I am doing my best...working as hard. I think I'm just getting tired. That persons treatment of me just kind of put a capper on it. I was telling my Mum about it the other day on the phone (I didn't tell her when it happened)...and I realized I was physically shaking as I was retelling.

I find myself thinking what's the point? I do get to converse with wonderful women and occasionally get to help them see themselves in a different light...get them to step out of the box and do something different...even though oftentimes that different is wearing a belt.

A couple of weeks ago, one of regulars said a really cool thing to me. I had some funked up so not corporate approved outfit on...my basic black and I was feeling rebellious...so I was probably looking Steampunkish. The customer said to me "You always look great...it could be costumey but it's never over the edge...always interesting. You wear it well". I should have sent her a thank you note.

I put my favorite New Orleans picture up because that moment...in that taking of that picture...it was brilliant. I can still picture everything about that moment...being in the back of that pick up truck...the heat in the wind as it whipped around...us with huge smiles because...well it was brilliant.

I do remember on that drive from the airport that for awhile everything looked good....houses all redone or okay. A couple of blocks later...you would see one house redone and the rest of the block was still boarded up...then there were blocks that were boarded. It was disconcerting...it seemed random.

I love the photo I put up because I felt so safe in that moment.

No comments: