Sunday, November 4, 2007

Halloween...

I read cards on Hallween at the Black Horse....or as it is sometimes affectionately and aptly known, the Black Whole. It is a bar that Bob and I frequent and it really is our "Cheers". One of our friends described it as the the Island of Misfit Toys. I don't know how I quite feel about being a misfit toy but some days I think that is an apt description.

So.. I read my cards on Halloween. I had not gotten my cards out for years and when I offered to do this, I felt like I was being arrogant. I guess maybe I just felt that the time was right. I think of whatever readings I have been able to do as a gift and a privilege. I hope that whatever I talked to people about made them feel better and helped in some small way. Blessed be...always.

My store manager broke her ankle and is out until January...although she was going to quit but yadayadayada. So now the fun begins and the playing of the games.

So...my favorite question....what was the best thing about your day? Even if you are having a crappy day, ther is ALWAYS a best thing....we just need to look for it. My best thing....flufing the bed for Bob when he came home after watching football with his peeps (the phrase still makes me laugh) and spraying perfume on the sheets just because it smells good and is soothing and not hospital cornering his side of the bed so he didn't have to fight sheets so hard to go to sleep.

....mind you, my side of the bed is an envelope. All I can say is I must have been swaddled way too tight.

Did you miss me..maybe a second?

No comments: