Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Kicking to the Curb...

I remember after we moved in and there was some piece of furniture that we needed to have go away. I mentioned to the neighbor that we could just put it on the curb and put a sign on it and it would be gone. His response "Not in this neighborhood".

At the time, his response took me back....that would be a bad thing to do.

I am a garbage picker from way back. I appalled my husband when we lived in Delaware when on a walk I found a perfectly good just needed painted wicker chair kicked to the curb. I carried it home happy as could be and he walked paces ahead. This was new to him. The rescued much loved chair went through three color changes and had a happy life with us.

We will have been here three years come August and what I have learned is that everyone kicks stuff to curb and knows that someone will make it go away. We just live in a neighborhood that has a better class of stuff kicked to the curb.

Life can be lucky that way.

1 comment:

KL said...

This post makes me smile.