Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Dad....

...asked me about my job when I was home. I had told him a while ago that changes were in the air and that would/could mean good things for me. Progression...growth...maybe getting noticed more. I had told him these things back in June when they were told to me...with the vow of secrecy attached.

In all that has happened to my Dad in the last couple of months, he has asked me about my job and what about the things I was told would happen. The first time was when he was in hospital rehab. I told him that it was still in the works. When I was home two weeks ago, he said to me "You didn't get what you were promised." I answered "Well, it's still in the works and they're making changes"....blahblahblah...because I didn't want to answer "No". I didn't want to answer no because I believed in the person who had put those ideas out there. Now I think it was an agenda.

It's funny about work. I am on my fourth store manager now and I don't think that I have changed the way I do my job...but how I am perceived is interesting. The progression: brilliant;so lucky to have you; she knows about the computers; "fucking idiot"; "I'm not going to look bad because of you"; "You have the talent to go to the next level"; "You really are the one runs this store".

So it means I don't know where I am in my job...except I have one that I have a love/hate relationship with.

If I am honest...I'm tired of being treated badly.

2 comments:

KL said...

You are too good at what you do and too passionate about doing a good job to be treated badly at work. I will talk to my sister-in-law again (the one I told you about). The last time I told her about you she said the time wasn't perfect for hiring at the management/district level, but maybe now things have opened up a bit. Keep your chin up. It's a beautiful chin and the world needs to see it! :)

cynderloowho said...

I love you and am so glad you are in my life. Even if we don't see each other much, it's just lovely to know you're there.