Saturday, June 13, 2015

Good intentions

...pave the road to hell.
Had intended on getting in early and moving stuff in the store...like eight early. Well...elevenses was what happened. Got done what needed done. Not happy with the back end of the store...but oh well.
Joyce...the store manager...asked me yesterday if I had looked at my pay stub.
Me: We got paid this week?
Bob looks at that stuff...so I don't pay attention.
Her: You're gonna be surprised. It's big. The bonus was big.
Me: I don't think so. It'll be nice...but you're on a different scale.
She doesn't think so. She has told me that she thinks she's not getting the same bonus as the other managers...not on the same scale.

Next she brings it up I'm gonna have to remind that in certain cities I'd be making minimum wage.
Really?
Really.
My job description is the same as her job description.
Quite frankly...when she got promoted...Joyce knew shit from shinola how the store worked...the everyday stuff. She was never made to learn because I was the grunt that got that stuff done. 
The person who hired me...I adored her. She was a mentor.
Somehow that went haywire.
She became incredibly mean to me. Never knew what I did...but apparently something.
Don't know where I'm going with this.
Do know I am worth a hell of a lot more than this company pays me.




No comments: