Monday, June 8, 2015

The times they are a changin'...

...and I think for the better.

There was rearranging in the company towards the beginning of the year...redistricting. The Columbus stores are now aligned with the Cleveland/Pittsburgh stores. We...meaning the Columbus stores...are now in the playing field with the Big Girls. We are now in a market with stores that have $60,000 weekly plans...and those stores make those numbers.
In the rearrangement...people lost their jobs. The DM for our market was one of them.
So...we have a new District Manager.
The first time she came into our store...I was embarrassed. We were busy. Stuff piled high on the counters from returns. We were shorthanded...store was tossed beyond belief...and our numbers were sucking big time...huge return percentage. It felt like your parents showing up unannounced ...sink full of dirty dishes...laundry overflowing the hamper...everything wonky.
The look of the store has been...I don't know what word to use...evolved...passed...dumped...to my hands.  I do love doing stage set. It's like like doing the New York Times crossword. There's a clue that bingo's five other words. It all falls into place...or you use the iPad for help.
At Stage Set...I'm the iPad. I'm good with that.
I'm not good with how I respond.
I know there are times I get short with people and give half assed explanations. I hate that. It's because I know there's a section that I was supposed to do that is way behind.
There were two ladies who were the bomb at stage set. A gobsmacking thing...both of them said to me "You taught me how to do this." Really?

So...
She...DM..will probably be in our store tomorrow.
Her MO is make things better.
 Joyce...our SM...is in for a long day.



No comments: