Sunday, June 28, 2015

Work...

...yet again.
The DM Ninjas came last week and revamped the backroom. A huge improvement. We're feeling our way around finding stuff...adjusting to a the new logic of placement.
That's not really what I'm talking about.
J...the store manager is on vacation this upcoming week. It's her week she takes every year. Events she loves. Yeah and I'm glad she does. It's stuff she's passionate about.
An envelope with my name on the back office computer.
Opened it...read it. Pissed me off.
She dumped the schedule on me. She had the time...coulda...but no. Okay. So I get the chore. She doesn't like doing it and I'm okay with it.
The tone of what she wrote was condescending. I know she's trying out her new managerial voice but it so rubbed me wrong.
She's trying a new voice because of the new sheriff in town. She's trying to figure out how to play her...and she never will. Amy...the DM...is a cut to the chase girl.
Joyce has got to be scared out of her knickers. She doesn't know which persona to employ.
I have worked with this woman for fourteen years and pretty much I know jack shit about her.
She's a chameleon.
She is the person in Auschwitz who would've had bread.

I wondered today if I was jealous. She got promoted. I didn't.
Yes...a part of me is.
Have dealt with it. Fairly okay with it. Mostly forget about it...
until she dumps on me. See above.
Schedule....takes about an hour and a half. Off the floor backroom stuff. 





No comments: