Friday, October 3, 2008

I Would Like to Thank...

the three or four or more ladies who asked me this week if I had gotten a promotion and was now the Store Manager. I wish I had told them how much that question meant to me... to explain the delight and satisfaction to me that they saw me that way. To a couple of them ...who are regular customers and I see often...I laughed (kind of loudly) when they asked me. They looked puzzled... and I explained that our company doesn't usually hire within. They loked even more puzzled...like our company was crazy. ( That so feels like bragging to me.)

...and their puzzled faces made me believe I must me doing something okay. (Another uncomfortable little moment.)

I am having a good month as far as bonus goes and I am thankful for it...yet I have not kept track of persons who those brilliant sales were from so that I can continue to call them to keep them informed of the wonderful, unique, supreme quality Chico's clothes comng to the store near them...and nor do I want to. I can be annoying enough in person ...I do not need a telephone as an accessory to annoyance.

Bottom line...I hope that the customers were happy with what they purchased and it suits their needs.

Isn't it funny how we reveal the truth when we least expect it and have little epiphanies? The above line was a way earlier part of this writing that I somehow thought I edited...but there it is...and that is what I believe about my job.

I want a person to come back to my store because she felt good after she left...not because she felt hustled into buying a bunch of clothes that benefit the salespersons bottom line but are going to hang in her closet.

In the grand scheme of things...

I don't want to swim with sharks. I don't have a wet suit nor a stun gun and I am very afraid of chum in the water. (It's a retail thing...if you've experienced it, you know.)

I think I must have been an Elf and and a Communist in another life. Maybe that explains a lot.

1 comment:

KL said...

You made me laugh out loud at "I think I must have been an Elf and a Communiist in another life."